Postdoctoral fellowships at NASA.
NASA offers approximately 60 postdoctoral fellowships annually. The next deadline for applications is November 1.
The NASA Postdoctoral Program (NPP) offers unique research opportunities to highly talented national and international scientists and engineers to engage in ongoing NASA research in Aeronautics, Astrobiology, Astrophysics, Earth Science, Exploration Systems, Heliophysics, Planetary Science, and Space Operations.
* One-year appointments, renewable up to three years
* Annual stipends start at $50,000, with supplements for certain degree fields and high cost-of-living areas
* Annual travel budget of $8,000
* Financial assistance for relocation
* Financial supplement for health insurance purchased through the program
Apply at http://nasa.orau.org/postdoc
Three application deadlines each year: November 1, March 1, and July 1.
* U.S. Citizens
* Foreign Nationals with a J-1 visa status as a research scholar, Lawful
Permanent Resident (LPR) status, or Employment Authorization Document (EAD) with pending LPR status
* Recent and senior-level Ph.D. recipients
Locations of Fellowship Positions:
* Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
* Dryden Flight Research Center, Edwards, CA
* Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, OH
* Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
* Goddard Institute for Space Studies, New York, NY
* Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA
* Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX
* Kennedy Space Center, Kennedy Space Center, FL
* Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA
* Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, AL
* Stennis Space Center, Stennis Space Center, MS
* NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC
* Various locations associated with the NASA Astrobiology Institute
To obtain more information and to apply, please visit the NPP Web site at http://nasa.orau.org/postdoc